Saturday, July 1, 2023

Finally, Signed a Gym Contract!

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a stuffy nose, as my cold is still persisting. It’s a bit of a bummer to have a cold over the weekend, but there’s nothing I can do about it. I will take it easy and avoid engaging in vigorous activities.


Speaking of which, I finally chose my new gym and signed my one-year contract for membership during lunch break yesterday. I’d been meaning to get a gym membership for a long time, but couldn’t make up my mind about which gym to join. I’m glad that I’ve finally gotten this issue out of the way.


Can’t wait to hop on the treadmill again after a hiatus of over two years! Aside from doing cardio exercise, this time I’ll seriously train to build muscle to improve my appearance. I strongly believe that if you want to change your life in a substantive way, you need to put your plans into definitive action, not just talking about them.


Moving forward, I plan to hit the gym at least three times a week after work. This means that I’ll have to cut back on my Indonesian studies, but I’m fine with that, as I’m acutely aware of the time constraints I face as a working professional. As the saying goes, you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Once I establish my workout routine, I should be able to readjust my study plan accordingly.


Yesterday, I spoke with my 81-year-old dad on the phone and learned that his best friend from high school had just passed away. He was the CEO of a real estate company back in the day, and was instrumental in helping my dad acquire his current residence in Japan over four decades ago. Naturally, my dad sounded devastated and inconsolable. There is nothing much I can do, but I’ll at least keep calling him daily for virtual companionship.

No comments: