Tuesday, July 4, 2023

On the Mend, Slowly but Surely

Although my cold symptoms are still persisting, I definitely feel like I’m on the mend, in the sense that I’m experiencing less congestion in my nose now. I think I’ll fully recover tomorrow if I’m lucky, in which case I’ll go to the gym for the first time in three years.


This morning, I woke up around 4:30 a.m. due to thirst, and couldn’t go back to sleep afterward. Before finally getting out of bed at 6:45, I listened to a few news podcasts while keeping my eyes closed to rest.


According to the news, there are violent protests going on in the streets of Paris now. I was initially planning to travel to Paris in September, but now it seems like a good idea to switch my destination elsewhere for vacation. Would it be Venice, Vienna, or Berlin? I’m still undecided about where to go.


Yesterday, I had a hard day at work, not because of the workload, but because of my cold symptoms. I had to blow my nose to clear the mucus practically every minute, making me consume lots of toilet paper. Luckily, I wasn’t coughing at all, so I don’t think I’ve transmitted the virus to anyone.


I got off work at 6 p.m. and went to Tanjong Pagar by bus to do some grocery shopping for the coming week, which I couldn’t do on Sunday since I was feeling too weak. Although it’s some distance away from my home, I prefer to shop in Tanjong Pagar because the supermarket there has a wider and healthier selection of food items compared to the one in my neighborhood.


When I finished shopping, I stopped by Starbucks to enjoy a cup of decaf Americano. I studied some English there by transcribing my latest journal entry that has been proofread by ChatGPT into my diary, while paying close attention to what sorts of corrections have been made.


I believe that my English writing skills have come a long way since I started using ChatGPT for proofreading purposes, and I intend to keep doing this practice until I feel truly comfortable expressing myself in this language.

No comments: