Thursday, July 6, 2023

Loving Glamorous on Netflix

Yesterday, I felt a lot better than the day before, as the congestion in my nose had mostly disappeared after a good night’s sleep. I still had to blow my nose to clear the mucus multiple times during the day, but with much less frequency and discomfort.

Last night, I watched another episode of the Netflix series “Glamorous,” starring Kim Cattrall. This show revolves around the lives of Madolyn and Marco. Madolyn is the female CEO of a famous cosmetics company. Marco is a young gay man who is in search of his purpose in life. One day, he got to know Madolyn quite by accident and started working as her second assistant. Madolyn’s company is struggling with diminishing sales. She and her staff, including Marco, try to come up with a creative idea to turn the company around.

When I started watching “Glamorous” a few nights ago, I told myself that I would stop watching if the show didn’t attract my attention within the first 10 minutes. As it turned out, the first episode was far more interesting than I had imagined, and I kept watching until the end. The characters in the show are all likable, and I’m curious to find out what will happen in their lives in the upcoming episodes. I hope a happy ending awaits all of them.

By the way, here in Singapore, the top 10 Netflix series are often dominated by Korean dramas. They must be really interesting, but I don’t feel like watching them, because I’m not that into entertainment, per se. I watch a Netflix show primarily for language-learning purposes, with a particular focus on English. Sure, I could watch those Korean shows that are dubbed into English, but the genuineness of the dialogs would be diluted somewhat, so I still prefer to watch shows that are originally in English. This makes me sound like a weird man, which I probably am, but I just can’t help it.

No comments: