Sunday, July 16, 2023

Went to Brothers Ramen

Yesterday at noon, I went to the hair salon to have my hair dyed. Since I had bleached my hair the week before, this time I only had to stay there for dyeing my hair only, so I was done within an hour.


Unlike my previous visit, my scalp didn’t feel sensitive at all and the whole process went smoothly. In hindsight, I think the reason why it stung so much last week is that I had combed my hair too vigorously before my visit to the hair salon and over-sensitized the scalp to the bleach. Yesterday, I made sure to comb my hair very gently, and managed to avoid the pain.


Once again, I dyed my hair bluish-green. Although I used the same hair dye as before, this time the color came out more vivid compared to the last time. The hairdresser explained that it was due to the one-week break that I took between bleaching and dyeing, which caused a change in the pH value of my hair, allowing the hair dye to set more firmly. While the vivid color makes me feel a bit self-conscious, I’m sure it will acclimatize within a few days.


Afterwards, I walked to Tanjong Pagar to visit Brothers Ramen, a famous ramen restaurant inside International Plaza. There was a long line in front of the entrance, and I had to stand there for half an hour to get in, but I didn’t mind the wait. This ramen restaurant is run by two Singaporean brothers who got inspired by the ramen noodles they ate during their visit to Japan. I was surprised to see numerous Japanese customers there, attesting to the authenticity of their taste.


I ordered a bowl of ramen with several pieces of chashu pork. The noodles were relatively thinly sliced and a bit on the hard side, yet they were quite tasty. The soup was a thick chicken stock, but since I pre-ordered it half-salty, it came mildly flavored, which was just to my liking. I liked the fact that the soup didn’t leave me with a strange sweet after-taste, which happened to me a few times before at other ramen outlets. Overall, I would give this restaurant an 8 out of 10, and I would most likely revisit soon.


No comments: