Sunday, July 2, 2023

Still Recuperating...

I am still feeling under the weather from the cold I’m having. Yesterday morning, I went to the doctor’s to have it seen to, and he gave me medicines for my sore throat and stuffy nose. The soreness of the throat has largely subsided, but the stuffiness of the nose is still hanging on, making it difficult for me to breathe.

This morning, instead of going out for grocery shopping, I rested in bed, trying to recover. I had a series of nightmares ad infinitum during my sleep, all related to work. Fortunately, I don’t have a headache this time, but my head feels a bit fuzzy and I can’t seem to think clearly.

As a matter of fact, the doctor recommended that I get tested for the coronavirus. At first, I was a bit reluctant to do that, because regardless of the test result, I will still have to go to work tomorrow, so it seemed a bit pointless.

Nevertheless, I’ve decided to get tested as soon as I finish writing this journal entry, because it’s always good practice to know my health status to minimize the risk for myself and my colleagues. If the test result comes back positive, tomorrow I will work in the office only during the morning, and from home in the afternoon.

Speaking of the coronavirus, last October, I already got infected once. On the day that I found out about my infection, I had a splitting headache. After a long night’s sleep, my headache all but disappeared, but I kept coughing for a few days afterward. Up until that point, I had already taken four vaccination shots. I shudder to think how bad my condition would have gotten had I not been vaccinated. I could have suffered from long-running after effects from the virus, or even died, so I’m really grateful for the vaccine.

I will take it easy at home for the rest of the day and focus on recuperating. Maybe I can watch some Netflix shows before going to bed. Although I subscribe to Netflix, the truth of the matter is that I only watch it occasionally on weekends. Since I don’t have a long attention span, it’s a grind for me even to sit through a 90-minute-long movie. The same goes for a Netflix series that comes with around 10 episodes per season. I’d be lucky if I could get through five of them.

With that being said, Netflix is an excellent platform with which to study foreign languages, which is by far my biggest passion. Perhaps I should explore its contents more seriously.

No comments: