Saturday, July 8, 2023

Lonely but Enjoyable Friday Night

Finally, it’s the weekend again! This morning, I slept in until 11 a.m., and now I feel completely recharged. I’ve been sick with a cold for most of the past week. Although I’m not completely recovered yet, I feel almost normal now. Perhaps I’ll go to the gym after I get back from the hairdresser this evening.
Last night, I initially wanted to hang out with my friend, but he told me that he couldn't, because his partner had flown back into town that same morning, and he needed to keep him company. Having no other friends to go out with, I spent my evening alone, but it was enjoyable nevertheless.

Yesterday evening, after finishing my work, instead of going to The Coffee Bean like I usually do, I stepped into the conference room at the office, where I studied some English. The conference room was quiet and conducive to studying.

I love studying English with the assistance of ChatGPT. Typically, I compare my own journal entry with the version that’s been proofread by ChatGPT to find out what’s lacking in my English writing.

I firmly believe that this exercise can help me completely transform my English in a way that was unimaginable only a year ago. Moreover, it’s worth noting that none of my friends or colleagues, whether they are Japanese or Singaporean, utilizes ChatGPT for practicing writing in the way I do, so I’m undoubtedly at an advantage in that regard. This exercise takes considerable discipline and perseverance, and it’s definitely not for everybody.

For dinner, I heated some vegetables and minced pork together in the oven, which is one of my favorite dishes. This time, I put in zucchini, yellow pepper, mushroom, ginger and garlic, and used a bit of salt and olive oil by way of seasoning. The dish turned out delicious as anticipated. It’s very simple but highly nutritious, and I could eat it every day. Apart from that, I also had pumpkin soup, along with yogurt and banana for dessert. Overall, it was quite a healthy and sumptuous dinner.

No comments: