Friday, June 30, 2023

Looking for a Gym to Join

Once again, I was able to wake up early enough to write a journal entry this morning, which is like a miracle to me. 

I typically get up around 7:45 a.m., and don’t force myself to wake up earlier, since having sufficient sleep is essential for my health. However, whenever I’m lucky enough to wake up naturally before 6:45 a.m., I make a point of doing this writing practice in English. 

Now that we have the ChatGPT technology, I firmly believe that practicing to write English and having it proofread by AI is the most effective way to improve your command of this language.

Yesterday was a public holiday in Singapore. Unfortunately, I was feeling a bit under the weather with a cold. However, despite being sick, I visited two fitness gyms in the neighborhood because I was looking for a gym to join.

My previous gym membership expired during the Covid pandemic, and I haven’t worked out ever since. Consequently, my weight has increased to 60 kilograms from 56, despite me practicing intermittent fasting daily.

With the new gym membership, I’m not just looking to get rid of excess fat, but I’m also aiming to gain muscles, in order to obtain better looks to boost my confidence.

The two gyms that I visited have their pros and cons, and I still haven’t decided which one to join. The first gym is cheaper and open 24/7, but a bit small and cramped. The second is more expensive and only open until 10 p.m., but it’s bigger and has nicer facilities. It’s a tough choice, but I hope to be able to make a decision soon.

No comments: