Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally, There is Some "Traffic"!

I posted the announcement last night in my Japanese blog about the launch of my English-language blog, and went to bed at 4:00 a.m.

I woke up this morning at 11:00 a.m., and the first thing I did was to check whether there have been any visitors to this English blog through the link from my Japanese site, and lo and behold, there has been some traffic, and from so many different countries!

I am really encouraged! Many thanks to everyone for visiting this new site!

Going forward, I will strive to make this blog an immensely interesting site! I hope you feel that it's worth your while to visit this blog!

A million thanks once again to my dear readers for your support!!!

Cheers,
Uncle Polyglot

3 comments:

happy in Switzerland said...

Hi from Switzerland and congratulations on your new English Blog!! I am a fan of your Japanese Blog and visited your Blog everyday in any weather conditions. :-)

Now I have one more spot to stop by in my hectic life.. here..

I am, however, a little disappointed that I am not the first commenter!! :-)

Uncle Polyglot said...

Hello, happy in switzerland! (at the risk of sounding rude to you, I've decided to address you this way without the Japanese honorifics in this English blog, so sue me.)

Many, many thanks for your warmest greetings!

I am really thrilled and flattered that you have become the first follower of this blog!

Also, I couldn't help but notice that you have posted your facial photo (albeit partially) in your profile! Suffice it to say, you are a hell of a beauty! What a priviledge to be able to see your face!

I'll keep this hush-hush on my Japanese blog, though, for fear that everybody will rush into this blog just to see your face!

As for myself, my profile picture is actually the same as the one I use for my Facebook profile.

My friends tell me that I look just like this profile picture, so there really isn't any point posting my real facial photo! Ha ha ha!

I'd be delighted if you could keep coming back to this English blog. Maybe, you'll get to discover another side of me!!!

Looking forward to your next visit soon!

Cheers,
Uncle Polyglot

happy in Switzerland said...

Hi, Uncle Polyglot!!

Of course I will be back here in any weather conditions :-)

Thank you for your comment on my photo.. I take it as a compliment, even though you meant to be only polite.


Well, I am really looking forward to discovering your "another side".. exciting and a little scary???