Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Apples of Different Sizes and Shapes

Yesterday, we had a particularly busy and stressful day at the office, since there were only three of us to cover the desk. To make things worse, our systems didn’t work very well, so we wasted quite a bit of time trying to accomplish some very simple tasks.

I had to shorten my lunch break from the usual two hours to just one to handle the increased workload, and stayed overtime for an extra hour just to make sure that I’ve completed all my tasks. Fortunately, no major errors occurred yesterday.


I usually go to the nearest coffee shop after work to relax and do some reading, but I went straight home last night since it was already late. I cooked penne for dinner, which turned out quite delicious. I’ll cook the same thing for dinner tonight, since I cut the meat and vegetables for two portions yesterday.


While preparing dinner, I caught an episode of an old Japanese television series, named ふぞろいの林檎たち Fuzoroi No Ringo Tachi, which translates as Apples of Different Sizes and Shapes in English. Season 1 of the show was aired in 1983, when I was nine years old.


Back then, I couldn’t watch the entire series because I missed the live broadcast of an episode here and there, but I remembered it being very interesting. Last night I watched the final episode of Season 1, and at one point I was moved to tears.


Once again, I was impressed by its excellent quality, whether it be the convincing performance of the actors, the intriguing plot, or the messages conveyed to viewers. It made me want to watch the season from beginning to end.


Although I went to bed by midnight, I somehow woke up at around 4:30 a.m., so I applied for the visa for Australia in preparation for my upcoming trip to Melbourne commencing this Saturday. The application procedure was not difficult at all, and I was granted a tourist visa in a matter of a few minutes. Now that I have arranged my plane ticket, hotel reservation, travel insurance and visa, I’m almost fully prepared for the trip. I am eagerly anticipating this journey.

No comments: